Monday, November 5, 2007

Best RAW Match Over the Last Year

And, while I may or may not have the attention of whatever audience I've accumulated here, why don't you tell me what was your favorite RAW match over the last year? I ask, because watching the Eddie/RVD and TLC RAW matches on the Ladder Match DVD made me think that there hasn't been anything like those (and a few other gems from the post brand extension era) in the last year or so, since Kurt Angle jumped to Smackdown, and probably even before that, to back when he whose name must not be spoken (Benoit, not C'lthu) was hanging around. So, anyone want to take a stab at it? The best ones I can think of are Orton/Edge and the hour long Michaels/Cena match in London, but even those don't really fit the bill (I think the latter one was more impressive because they went so long, and the latter probably wouldn't have rated as highly with me if there hadn't been a lack of good stuff recently). I can't remember anything from 2006 impressing me at all, but maybe someone (anyone) has a different opinion.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Well, I'd put the Cena/Michaels RAW match probably second or third best WWE match of the year in 2007, and 2007 has been WWE's best year, match-wise at least (dammit he-who-shall-not-be-named), since probably 2001. It's a clear favourite for best RAW match in my books.

As a sentimental favourite, the Cena and Michaels/Undertaker and Batista tag right on the last RAW before WrestleMania was fabulous.