Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh wait, there is one thing to get excited about besides putting Johnny Nitro through flaming tables!

Jericho's comeback is tonight, unless everyone on internet wrestling pundit is completely wrong. Or they want to fake the audience out because they've already figured it out. Or this is bullshit.

So, yeah, Jericho's coming back tonight, and not a moment too soon (several moments later than I would have liked, really, but it was nice that he got a chance to recharge his batteries, write a very interesting sounding book, and job on Celebrity Duets). That's something to get excited about, even if it says a lot about how moribund WWE has been lately that a guy who's been gone for two years return is the most exciting event oustide of Wrestlemania in recent memory. Being a pretty big Jericho fan (more of one since he hasn't been around to class up RAW; absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that), I prefer to not look at it that cynically, though; at least not for long.

This second coming has a pretty high standard to live up to, given how great his first debut was, but I'm (perhaps foolishly) hoping that given the time, build up, and the fact that it's Chris Fucking Jericho, it will give us our first really great RAW moment in a long time. And hey, this time his hair will look less ridiculous and he won't be verbally eviscerated by the Scorpion King, so he's got that going for him. Otherwise, RAW looks like business as usual, but for once it doesn't matter at all what's on the show; it could be a an hour and a half Khali/Big Daddy V Iron Man Match and I'd still be excited. I'd of course wait 'til RAW was over and fastforward through the shitty match, mind you, but still; excited! That's something I haven't been for an episode of RAW since I had to adjust my medication; taking chemical imbalances off the table, I can't even remember when the last time I was actually looking forward to an episode, as opposed to just watching it out of habit. Before I can think about the implications of that, I'll take my leave, lest I have to become a whiney ROH-bot. (Just kidding, new Inside Pulse colleague! But seriously, how does that Kool-Aid taste? If it's grape, I'll shut the fuck up and start marking out for Bryan Danielson.)

No comments: