Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Reasons Why I May Not Be Blogging Much For Awhile

I rented the Conan game for the XBOX 360 last night. Well, that and I may be painting the house this weekend. But mostly Conan. While it borrows so heavily from God of War it's basically Homer to Kratos's Flanders (a deity murdering Flanders, mind you), and it probably won't live up to the original R.E. Howard stories and the Roy Thomas comics adaptations of them, but, you can totally cut a guy in half! And Ron (Hellboy) Perlman does the Cimmerian's voice. Which doesn't really fit with my conception of the character, but fuck it (or butt fuck it, I guess, depending on your preference); it's Ron Perlman! I can see how the game could be pretty frustrating as it goes on, which a lot of the reviews have criticized it for, but being able to chop hapless pirates in half as Conan the god damn Barbarian (as everyone would surely call him if Frank Miller wrote him) mitigates that. At least until I get to a part of the game where I keep dying; then I'm dropping it like Hugh Heffner drops a girlfriend after she turns 30. But even if I give up on Conan's latest attempt to conquer a new medium (this time not including either Grace Jones or any current governors), there are so damn many cool looking games out or soon to be on the shelves that I'm probably going to be playing my 360 until the red rings of death carry it off to Valhalla (or wherever Microsoft repairs the things) like a funeral pyre. So yeah, I can totally see myself slacking off on talking about wrestling here. Or on maintaining a healthy social life. Or life, period. I may not see my loved ones much either. So bicthing about Big Daddy V and whatever TNA's up to; not so much of a priority for awhile. Of course, having said that, I will probably totally contradict it by blogging up a storm around here. After all, nerd can not live on escapist fantasy alone; we have to bitch about it on the internet, too.

No comments: