Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Half Assed Raw and TNA Responses

Not much to say about Raw last night, because there wasn't much there to really respond to. Despite being a big London and Kendrick fan and being bemused that HHH made them look like tools (especially after they saved him from a beatdown), I don't want to get all apoplectic about it or anything. That said, I do have to wonder; between that and basically squashing Carlito and the tag champs (I mean, Cade didn't even rate a Pedigree?), do you think it would literally kill him to give one of these younger guys the rub? Does he have a physical condition, and was tapping out clean to Cena at 'Mania 22 a heroic act of life risking peril? That said, I did find his ripping on Vince for sleeping with a mythical creature funnier than his usual babyface schtick, so I guess I'll call it a wash.

Other than a good Shelton/Jeff Hardy match, there's not much else worth talking about. All the feuds are continuing, for better or worse.

I also finally watched the last half of last week's TNA Impact last night. When sitting through half an hour of a wrestling show is a chore, you know things have become bad. I did want to see Lethal/Daniels and Abyss/Angle, and they were solid matches, but the whole show has just become such a malaise that if the two hour shows don't drastically improve the quality of the product, I'm done with TNA, at least until I hear it's less sucky. Or I cave and start watching again like I did with ECW.

As far as the show itself, unlike Lance Storm, I had no problem with Lethal jobbing to Daniels, because it was a good match and they need to set up a challenger for him. Daniels did a couple jobs to him to set up his push at Angle, so quid pro quo as far as that goes. As much as I like the idea of giving Joe a Samoan stable, bringing in Rikishi adds fuel to the fire that TNA will hire anyone who once worked for the WWE. Angle and Abyss are incapable of having a bad match together, I think, but is there a better example of why Russo should not be head booker than having a DQ ending in a fucking cage match? Also, with this latest gory beatdown, is Abyss now the new Mick Foley and if so, what does that make the old version?

I'll be back tonight with my thoughts on that thrilling Boogeyman/Viscera showdown on ECW, which has actually become a watchable show despite running that workrate nightmare as a main event.

No comments: